Certification candidates are individuals who practice in the construction field, are physically involved in product installation, are seeking certification through this program and wish to take the InstallationMasters® certification exam.
Certification candidates who meet one or more of the following criteria and do not wish to participate in a training class may participate in the self-study program where they study independently in lieu of classroom training and then take the exam.
- High school diploma or high school equivalent exam and six or more years’ experience installing windows and doors.
- A.A. Degree or trade school certificate and three or more years’ experience installing windows and doors.
- B.S. Degree or higher in Construction Engineering and two or more years’ experience installing windows and doors.
How to Register
Individuals participating as self-study certification candidates in the InstallationMasters® Training and Certification Program must fill out and submit the registration form along with the following registration materials and applicable fees to AAMA.
- Self-Study Registration Form
- Eligibility Verification Form - Human Resources Representative or Corporate Executive must verify that certification candidate has a minimum of one year of field experience physically installing window/door on job sites
- Proof of education by copies of college (or trade school) transcript and/or high school diploma.
- A copy of a valid, signed government-issued photo identification card (driver license, passport, etc.)
- Full non-refundable registration fee made payable to AAMA.
After registration materials are received and approved, self-study certification candidates will receive a training manual, an access link to training videos and a confirmation letter including instructions on how to schedule the online proctored exam. The exam must be scheduled within 90 days of the day participants receive training materials, and self-study certification candidates must contact email@example.com two weeks prior to their intended exam date.