Certification candidates are individuals who practice in the construction field, are physically involved in product installation, are seeking certification through this program and wish to take the InstallationMasters® certification exam.
Certification candidates who meet one or more of the following criteria and do not wish to participate in a training class may participate in the self-study program where they study independently in lieu of classroom training and then take the exam.
- High school diploma or high school equivalent exam and six or more years’ experience installing windows and doors.
- A.A. Degree or trade school certificate and three or more years’ experience installing windows and doors.
- B.S. Degree or higher in Construction Engineering and two or more years’ experience installing windows and doors.
How to Register
Individuals participating as self-study participants in the InstallationMasters® Training and Certification Program must fill out and submit the registration form along with the following registration materials and applicable fees to AAMA.
- Self-Study Registration forms: Original Program | Replacement Program
- Letter from past or present employer or other verifiable evidence demonstrating a minimum of two years of work experience on a construction site physically installing fenestration products in the rough opening.
- Proof of education by copies of college (or trade school) transcript and/or high school diploma.
- A copy of a signed government-issued photo identification card (driver license, passport, etc.)
- Full non-refundable registration fee made payable to AAMA.
After registration materials are received and approved, self-study participants will receive a confirmation letter including instructions on how to schedule the exam.