Trainees are individuals who are seeking certification, but have less than one year of installation experience physically installing products on a construction site. Trainees will participate in installer training and certification classes sponsored by an InstallationMasters® accredited instructor, and take the InstallationMasters certification exam. When they achieve the required installation experience they may become certified if they have passed the exam.
How to Register
Individuals participating in an InstallationMasters Training and Certification Program class sponsored by an InstallationMasters accredited instructor as a trainee must fill out and submit the registration form along with the following registration materials to the accredited instructor who will be teaching the class.
- Registration forms: Original Program | Replacement Program
- Printed or electronic photo of yourself (clear headshot)
- A copy of a signed government-issued photo identification card (driver license, passport, etc.)
- Full non-refundable registration fee made payable to the instructor teaching the class.
Upon successful completion of the installer training exam and fulfilling the minimum one year of installer experience required, trainees must submit the following to AAMA in order to receive their graduation package.
- Letter from past or present employer or other verifiable evidence demonstrating a minimum of one year of work experience on a construction site physically installing fenestration products in the rough opening