InstallationMasters® Certified Professional candidates are individuals involved in the fenestration industry with valid non-field experience and knowledge who are seeking certification through this program and wish to take the InstallationMasters certification exam.
How to Register
Individuals who meet one or more of the following criteria may participate in the Certified Professional program:
- Three or more years of experience as an instructor, teacher or trainer in the field of building products and technology and/or three or more years of construction experience
- Three or more years of experience working for a fenestration manufacturer in engineering, product design, project management or field services or three or more years as a manufacturer's representative
- Three or more years of experience working in a fenestration testing laboratory installing/testing products and/or three or more years working as a team leader, project manager or supervisor in a fenestration testing laboratory
- Three or more years employed with an installation material manufacturer and/or three or more years employed as a fenestration consultant
Certified Professional candidates must complete classroom or virtual training sponsored by an InstallationMasters accredited instructor (one day for New Construction only and Replacement Only Programs; two days for the Combined Program), plus pass the final exam with at least a 70 percent to receive the credential certificate (valid for four years).
How to Register
Individuals participating in an InstallationMasters Training and Certification Program class sponsored by an InstallationMasters accredited instructor must fill out and submit the registration form along with the following registration materials to the accredited instructor who will be teaching the class.
- Registration and Eligibility Verification Form - Human Resources representative or corporate executive must verify that certification candidate has a minimum of one year of field experience physically installing window/door on job sites
- A copy of a valid, signed government-issued photo identification card (driver license, passport, etc.)
- Full non-refundable registration fee made payable to the instructor teaching the class
InstallationMasters Certified Professionals for the Combined, Replacement and New Construction programs will be contacted with complete details about registering for recertification approximately three months prior to their expiration date. If your contact information has changed since you enrolled in the training course, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org to update your information.
To become recertified for a period of four years, the recertification exam must be taken and the exam must be passed with a score of at least 80 percent.
- Within the email regarding recertification, a link will be provided to order the recertification exam via the online store. The recertification exam fee is $150 or $200, depending on the program segment, and can be paid via credit card.
- Once payment has been remitted, recertification candidates will receive another email providing a link to the online recertification exam.
- Within the exam, professionals will be required to answer 36 questions related to training content and will also be asked to provide contact information to ensure our records are up to date.
- Please reference the InstallationMasters Installer Training Manual that was used during your initial training class to answer the questions on the recertification exam. For available editions of the applicable program manuals, visit the online store.
- The exam must be completed within 30 days of receiving the online exam link. Failure to complete the exam within 30 days will require full payment to re-order the exam. Please note that the exam will not automatically save if a professional is unable to complete the exam during one session.
- Results will be available immediately after completing the exam.
- After passing the exam, an updated certification certificate will be mailed within one week of email notification of successful recertification.
- If a professional fails, the exam may be retaken. The retest fee is $150, and the retest can be purchased using the link provided in your recertification test results email.
If needed, contact email@example.com to arrange alternate offline test-taking.
Individuals will be added as they become certified.