Installer certification candidates are individuals who practice in the construction field, are physically involved in product installation, are seeking certification through this program and wish to take the InstallationMasters® certification exam.
Professional certification candidates are individuals involved in the fenestration industry with valid non-field experience and knowledge, are seeking certification through this program and wish to take the InstallationMasters certification exam.
Certification candidates who meet one or more of the following criteria and do not wish to participate in a training class may participate in the self-study program where they study independently, in lieu of classroom training, and then take the exam.
Installer Certification Candidates
- High school diploma or high school equivalent exam and six or more years’ experience installing windows and doors.
- A.A. Degree or trade school certificate and three or more years’ experience installing windows and doors.
- B.S. Degree or higher in Construction Engineering and two or more years’ experience installing windows and doors.
Professional Certification Candidates
- Three or more years of experience as an instructor, teacher or trainer in the field of building products and technology and/or three or more years of construction experience
- Three or more years of experience working for a fenestration manufacturer in engineering, product design, project management or field services or three or more years as a manufacturer's representative
- Three or more years of experience working in a fenestration testing laboratory installing/testing products and/or three or more years working as a team leader, project manager or supervisor in a fenestration testing laboratory
- Three or more years employed with an installation material manufacturer and/or three or more years employed as a fenestration consultant
How to Register
Individuals participating as self-study certification candidates in the InstallationMasters Training and Certification Program must fill out and submit the registration form along with the following registration materials and applicable fees to FGIA.
- Self-Study Registration and Eligibility Verification Form - Human Resources Representative or Corporate Executive must verify that certification candidates meet the requirements for the specified training level
- Installer candidates only: Proof of education by copies of college (or trade school) transcript and/or high school diploma; original or digital, front-facing, color photo for use on the ID badge
- A copy of a valid, signed government-issued photo identification card (driver license, passport, etc.)
- Full non-refundable registration fee made payable to FGIA.
- $400 (Replacement or New Construction only) or $425 (Combined Program)
After registration materials are received and approved, self-study certification candidates will receive a training manual, an access link to training videos and a confirmation letter including instructions on how to schedule the online proctored exam. The exam must be scheduled within 90 days of the day participants receive training materials, and self-study certification candidates must contact firstname.lastname@example.org two weeks prior to their intended exam date.